We are better at adding complexity to our lives and businesses than we are subtracting things from our lives and businesses to make them simpler.
- Life is complicated. But we make it so. We say yes to things we know we should say no to. We people please, too much.
- We choose wrong careers, wrong universities, wrong partners. That isn’t a mistake. The mistake is how long we take before we correct it.
- So here is a rule. If you feel like you are on a treadmill, you almost certainly are.
- Remember that the phrase ‘a little more’ is the carrot to keep you on the treadmill.
- Beware of ignoring this. What gives you energy? Do more of that. What takes your energy? Do less of that.
- True wealth is being in charge of your day. Everyday.
- Less. It’s not a four-letter word.
- Before you can yes to something, you have to know what you will also say no to.
- Even if other people don’t respect your time, you must. If in doubt, say no.
- For what it’s worth, a simpler life is no less extraordinary.
‘I must create a system or be enslaved another man’s; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. ‘ William Blake.